Being busy means doing stuff, being PRODUCTIVE means getting stuff done.
A common problem faced by many business owners is that they aren’t managing their time as effectively as they can be. At the end of their working day they turn off the office lights and glance over to their todo list which grows in length each day, and as a result becomes more imposing and stress inducing.
As a business owner you have dreams for where you want your business to go, you have new products you want to launch, new marketing ideas to implement, and new staff you want to hire. The big problem is finding the time to get this stuff done – after all you only have 1440 minutes per day.
Every minute counts and you want to be as productive as you can be to get those todo list items done and drive the business forward.
So How Do you Maximise Your Time?
Follow these steps below to work smarter and you will begin to see positive changes in yourself and your business:
- Outsource – One person cannot do everything. As a business owner we understand that it can be hard to let go. Learn to delegate and you will be amazed at the difference it makes – you will claw back precious hours that you can spend on developing your business.
- Take a break – Working for hours on end is impossible. Simply forcing yourself to sit at your desk when you can’t concentrate or are stressed or tired is unproductive. Take a break, go for a quick walk, or perhaps consider taking the day off. When you get back to your desk your mind is fresh and focused on the task at hand.
- Embrace technology – How many times per day does your computer crash? Doing something as simple as buying a new computer (we would recommend Macs here) – could save you minutes every day, which over the course of the year could add up to an extra day!
- Sort out your e-mails – you can gain back so much time by turning off distracting e-mail notifications, banning internal e-mails and only checking your emails at set time points each day.
- Schedule time for business development – Schedule a block of time in your calendar each week to work on the business and not in the business. Do not let this time be interrupted by clients, staff, meetings or any other reason. Your business cannot grow unless you dedicate time to nurture it.
The best thing about these ideas is that they are all really simple to implement and many of them you can do straight away. Even by implementing one of these ideas you will begin to notice a difference.
Do you find accounting to be one of those tasks which you dread to do each week? Bright Horizon Cloud Accountants takes the accounting and bookkeeping off your hands and gives you the information you need to turbo charge your business. Interested? Get in touch to see how you can free your time and grow your business.